Rider's Corral

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rider's Corral
Rider's Corral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Life by Rider

2 posters

Go down

New Life by Rider Empty New Life by Rider

Post  Rider--Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:37 pm

New Life by Rider
Joe Cartwright paced the floors of the Ponderosa Ranch house feeling as if the world would end. Patience something he just couldn’t conquer. He had been married to his wife, Alice Harper Cartwright, for nearly a year now. Now; he paced the floors with his father, Ben Cartwright, sitting in his chair, as they waited for Joe & Alice’s baby to be born. Ben watched his son pace frantically.
“Joseph, will you please sit down before you wear a hole in my floors! She’ll be alright. And besides; I’m getting a crick in my neck watching you.”
“Sorry, Pa,” Joe said sitting down. “I can’t help it. Aren’t you even a little worried?”
“Oh course I am, Joseph. But, you must remember, I’ve been in your place three times!”
Joe giggled. He sat by his father; listening to the rain showers pattering against the house. Joe wished he could be with his wife now. He remembered how he felt the day they were married. As soon as they got home; he had given her a beautiful bouquet of posies; her favorite flowers. He began to get up again to pace when he heard just what he wanted to hear. A cry. A beautiful baby cry. Joe ran up the stairs as fast as he could & practically threw the bedroom door open. Alice & Doc Martin looked at Joe; both with smiles on their faces. Doc walked over to his friend’s son; now a father himself.
“You have a son, Joe.”
Tears of happiness welled in Joe’s eyes.
“A son?”
Paul nodded. Joe slowly walked over to his wife; who has holding their baby. He knelt down beside her as tears roll down his face.
“It’s a boy!” Alice said happily.
“A boy! It’s a boy!” Joe replied.
Alice wiped a tear from Joe’s face.
“Joseph Cartwright Junior,” she said.
Ben entered the room; happily seeing his first grandchild.
“It’s a boy,” Joe told him.
“Joe Jr.” Alice said.
Ben knelt down & put an arm around his son & daughter-in-law.
“Now the Ponderosa will be full of life again!” he exclaimed.
Then, Joe leaned forward to kiss his wife; happily thanking God for letting him be the husband of such a wonderful woman!
*THE END*
Rider--Admin
Rider--Admin
Admin

https://corral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Life by Rider Empty Re: New Life by Rider

Post  deansgirl Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:02 am

How sweet, Rider.
deansgirl
deansgirl

Back to top Go down