Rider's Corral

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rider's Corral
Rider's Corral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eyes of an Angel

2 posters

Go down

Eyes of an Angel Empty Eyes of an Angel

Post  DanceDiva Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Eyes of an Angel
A Prequel Bonanza Story Written By:
Katelyn D.

Summary: Little Joe becomes gravley ill.
Warning: Major Character Death
Rating: T

“Papa,” Joe cried. “Papa…papa…papa…papa help me…please…,” Joe cried and screamed as loud as he could. His breathing slowly fainted at every short breath. Joe burned with a high fever. His hair sweated, his lips turned blue, and he chocked for oxygen that he couldn’t keep in him.

All three men heard the small child yelling…screaming for his life. They looked at the child they saw his purple-blue lips slowly turned into a fade white color.

“Joe…Joe,” Ben whispered worriedly, and slowly approached Little Joe’s bed. Ben lightly shook the child. Only Joe didn’t wake.

~*~

All three men stood out in the hall. They waited for Doc Martin to come out of the young boy’s bedroom. When he did the signs of destructive, undesirable and agony were spread throughout his face.

“Ben…Ben Joe is a very sick child,” Martin said calmly but sadly. “He has pneumonia.” The doc saw the stunned father he knew since they first moved here, yet his stunned look didn’t surprise him. It was the way he looked. Doc Martin could of sworn Ben aged by twenty tears.

Ben entered the young boy’s room and buried his blotched, tearing face into his number three son’s body.

Joe rapped his arm around his father’s head and said softly, “It’s ok papa…this is what God wants.” Then he slowly want back to sleep.

~*~

That night Hoss, Adam, and Ben sat near the limp boy’s bed. Joe’s breathing was heavy making him wheeze. They didn’t know what might happen, but if something did… they had to face it.

“Papa…Adam…Hoss,” Joe cried breathlessly gasping for his next breath.

“Yeah short shanks,” Hoss replied quickly as he bolted up from the chair that kept him still from crying the last few hours. He bathed his small brother’s brow with the cold, tender water.

“Hoss I…I can’t breathe.”

‘Pa…Adam,” Hoss hollered securely watching his young ill brother.

“Wha…What is it,” Adam stammered as he tried to wake up.

“It’s Joe he’s havin’ trouble breathin again,” he cried. Making Pa wake up.

“Pa…Adam…Hoss…I love you,” Joe said softly and at that moment he fell into his last sleep. At surprise his mischievous smile fled across his face again, his expressive emeralds eyes began to shut, and than before them they saw the bright light that he saw followed by Mama Marie.

His gravestone laid right near his mama’s and read:

RIP
Joseph “Little Joe” Francis Cartwright
October 31, 1842-December 15, 1848
Beloved Brother and Son
May his mischief follow him to heaven
and beyond

Last edited by DanceDiva on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ratings, etc)
DanceDiva
DanceDiva

Back to top Go down

Eyes of an Angel Empty Re: Eyes of an Angel

Post  Rider--Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm

This one makes me Sad Sad
Rider--Admin
Rider--Admin
Admin

https://corral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: